Job Title: Marketing Intern
Location: Work from home on your own computer, no special equipment needed
- creating marketing campaigns
- exploring customer opinions and gaps in the market
- organizing public relations events
- arranging sponsorship
- placing adverts in newspapers, magazines, trade press and on TV and radio
- writing and distributing posters, flyers or brochures
- managing social media like Twitter and Facebook
- working with social workers, child life specialists or others in the hospital to make the radio show available to parents and/or CHD survivors
- create campaigns to encourage people to follow, like or favorite the shows
Networking with the congenital heart defect community would also be a part of your job.
You will plan marketing campaigns and make sure they run smoothly. You may be responsible for checking how effective a campaign is by collecting data and feedback and reporting this to management.
Reports to: the Radio Producer or Assistant Producer
Length of Appointment: One season (15 weeks)
Time Commitment: 10-20 hours per week with a weekly one-hour staff meeting
Qualifications: Some college would be helpful, especially in the field of business or marketing but is not a necessity. A willingness to learn and try new things is important. The volunteer must be able to work well with a team, be comfortable with problem-solving, easy to communicate with and dependable.